Article 1 App Usage
The User may create 3D characters by combining material data (“Content Data”) in the App and distribute videos using such characters via a link to the App using the live streaming service (“Streaming App”) operated by DWANGO Co., Ltd.
See the help page for details.
Article 2 Account
service provided by DWANGO Co., Ltd. (“niconico”). See the niconico help page for details of account creation. User IDs are created automatically upon App download. One user ID can be linked to each valid niconico account.
Article 3 Handling of Personal and User Information
Personal and other information relating to the User is obtained by the Operating Company for use of the App, and shall be handled in accordance with the Operating Company’s Basic Policy on the Protection of Personal Information and Cookie
Article 4 Usage Information
1. All usage information on the App, including paid content as stipulated under Article 5, 3D characters and other items created by the User (“Usage Information”) will become unusable if the App is uninstalled, re-installed or transferred
to another device/model, or if the device is re-initialized. Some Usage Information may be restored or transferred to other compatible devices via the designated procedures using the App’s data transfer function (“the Data Transfer Function”).
2. The Data Transfer Function shall be used voluntarily at the User’s own discretion. The Operating Company shall take no responsibility concerning Usage Information and the Data Transfer Function.
Article 5 Paid Content and Paid Member Services
1. Usage of the App involves virtual currency, virtual items and other forms of paid content (“Paid Content”) and services (“Paid Member Services”).
Access to Paid Content requires payment of the unit price set for each paid item as displayed in the App (“the Purchase Fee”). Virtual items among Paid Content may have an expiry date.
Paid Member Services
monthly fee specified upon registration. Paid Member Services for the App will be inaccessible if use of the niconico account and the Monthly Paid Channel is discontinued. Even if use of the App is terminated or discontinued, the User’s niconico
account and Monthly Paid Channel registration will remain valid.
2. Paid Content and Paid Member Services shall be paid for in accordance with the conditions stipulated separately by the Operating Company or the company handling the method of payment as designated by the Operating Company (the “Payment
3. Communication charges shall apply to use of the App in addition to the Purchase Fee for Paid Content and the monthly fee for Paid Member Services.
4. The User understands that Paid Content and Paid Member Services may be changed or discontinued for operational or other reasons.
5. The Operating Company shall not refund Purchase Fees for Paid Content or monthly fees for Paid Member Services except when required to do so by law.
Article 6 Prepaid Payment Instrument
For Paid Content, the virtual currency content (Cast Coin) indicated as a prepaid payment instrument on the Information Based on the Payment Services Act page shall be handled as such in accordance with the Payment Services Act. Other
virtual content items purchased via this instrument shall be deemed to have been delivered upon provision, and shall not be considered part of the prepaid payment instrument.
Article 7 Damages and Disclaimers
1. The Operating Company provides no guarantee concerning the accuracy, legality, morality, recency, appropriateness or other properties of information and content included in the App, and shall not be responsible for any direct or indirect
the handling of matters by the Operating Company. The Operating Company shall also not be responsible for any disputes between the User and communications companies or Payment Service Providers concerning communication charges and other fees
associated with the use of the App. However, related assistance shall be provided where the protection of the User is mandated by consumer protection laws or similar in the User’s country of residence.
2. The Operating Company offers no guarantees regarding App performance either outside or within the environments recommended on the service page. Certain User devices and communication environments may not be suitable for the services
provided. Service may be partially or wholly discontinued due to power failure, defects in communication lines, acts of God or other unavoidable circumstances not attributable to the Operating Company. By using the App, the User indicates
full awareness of the potential for such circumstances and shall not hold the Operating Company responsible for any damages incurred by such.
4. Notwithstanding the provisions of this Article, the Operating Company may compensate for damages incurred by the User from the use of the App in cases where the Operating Company is at fault (excluding cases of gross negligence) up
to an amount equivalent to the Purchase Fee for Paid Content and the monthly fee for Paid Membership Services paid by the User in the month during which the damages occur. However, the Operating Company shall not be responsible for any such
damage arising from particular circumstances (including cases in which the Operating Company or the User predicted or could have predicted the occurrence).
Article 8 Prohibitions
The following acts are prohibited during the use of the App. The Operating Company may discontinue provision of the App to anybody deemed to have engaged in any such acts, and may take other measures without prior notice or demand.
(1) Actual or potential violation of copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of the Operating Company or a third party
(2) Actual or potential violation of the assets of the Operating Company or a third party, or the privacy or portrait rights of a third party
(3) Impersonation of another individual, company or other organization
(4) Discrimination or false claims against a third party, theft of identity from a third party or other acts that damage or may damage the reputation or credibility of a third party
(5) Transmission or display of content offensive to a third party, such as images, documents or other data representing obscenity, child pornography or child abuse, sale of media containing such content and advertising associated with
the transmission, display or sale of such
(6) Purchase/sale, auctioning, monetary payment and similar without the permission of the Operating Company
(7) Solicitation, including advertising/promotion of merchandise and the use of spam e-mail and chain e-mails without the permission of the Operating Company
(8) Disclosure of User e-mail addresses, telephone numbers or other personal information to a third party
(9) Hindrance or potential hindrance of the use of telecommunications equipment by the Operating Company or a third party
(10) Falsification or deletion information usable on the App
(11) Unauthorized analysis, decompilation, disassembly or reverse engineering of apps provided by the Operating Company
(12) Development, distribution or use of programs for the purpose of illegal use of the App, including illegal tools, illegal applications, bootlegs and cheat tools, and solicitation or recommendation of such to a third party
(13) Transmission of computer viruses or other harmful content
(14) Leveraging of App issues for illegal purposes or provision of information on such issues to a third party
(15) Hindrance of App operation by the Operating Company
(16) Any other act deemed to contravene public policy, laws or the rights of the Operating Company or others
(18) Use of the App for purposes other than those intended
(19) Any other act deemed inappropriate by the Operating Company
Article 9 Intellectual Property Rights
Copyrights for the App and for other intellectual property rights to images, text, information and all other content provided by or obtained from the App shall belong to the Operating Company or third parties authorized by the Operating
Company. The User shall not reproduce, assign, loan, translate, alter, reprint, publicly transmit (or enable transmission), deliver, distribute, publish or commercially use the App without the permission of the Operating Company. Use of the
Article 10 App Suspension/Discontinuation
The Operating Company may partially or wholly suspend provision of the App for any reason without prior notification. The Operating Company shall not be responsible for any direct or indirect damages incurred by the User in relation to
for any dispute between the User and communications companies or Payment Service Providers concerning communication charges or other fees arising from the use of the App.
Article 11 App Service Changes
The Operating Company may change or discontinue the App service, including alterations or upgrades of related functions or specifications, and shall in principle provide advance notification of any plans for discontinuation on the App
website or within the App itself. The Operating Company shall assume no responsibility for any damages incurred due to alteration or discontinuation of the service.
to the change by using the App thereafter.
Article 14 Severability
provision by which the originally intended economic purposes can be attained, and the User shall consent to the new provision.
Article 15 Governing Law, Competent Court and Language
Valid as of March 30, 2020
Revised September 7, 2020
Revised June 2, 2021
Revised August 10, 2022